An issue i found ...

Fix Caller ID

Globally the same number can be presented to the phone in different ways but Mango is still doing an exact match to get the name. For example a call might arrive as 61234567 but sms arrives as +85261234567 (country code on front) therefore no name is displayed. This is a major oversight but can be easily corrected by the team. (posted on dev feedback, probably the wrong place)

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    me shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • me commented  · 

Just found out there is a number of digits check parameter in the registry ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone] "CallIDMatch"=dword), this should in general be dynamically set based on the sim card (eg. 8 in Hong Kong, Singapore) however it should *always* match to numbers saved correctly in the full international format. eg. 61234567 should match to +85261234567, and +6561234567 (and +65 6123-4567 etc.) and 100 should match to +852100 as well as +65100 etc. ie. The contact database should have the full number as well as a calculated "local" number based on trimming off the country code, etc. This is trivial to implement and necessary for user experience.

Microsoft, please add international testing to your QA. The US market is relatively saturated for smartphones, no idea the mentality behind focussing on the wrong market when there are massive growth markets with a massive surge in smartphone purchasing happening right now.

Feedback and Knowledge Base